MPB Careers: Woolworths – Innovation Chef
Woolworths has a unique opportunity to work within FoodCo as an Innovation Chef.
FoodCo is one of the four divisions of the Woolworths Food Group. This new center of expertise is set to establish a world-class FMCG business and change the landscape of the Australian food industry.
FoodCo will drive a clear competitive advantage for the Food Group through increased innovation in its own and exclusive brands, expansion into growth markets, building manufacturing excellence, and the establishment of strategic, long-term partnerships.
We’re going to move fast and there’ll be change along the way. We’ll leverage, nurture and grow our best talent to drive points of difference and create a sustainable, collaborative, and agile culture where we continue to evolve and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
This rare opportunity exists for an experienced Innovation Chef & is a part of our food innovator team. Based in Bella Vista, Sydney, you will be responsible for supporting the new product development and recipe development process from a culinary perspective.
If you are passionate about food, health & have relevant project experience with the ability to build strong relationships then here is the chance to reach customers, improve products and systems and pioneer new relationships.
Your role will include but not be limited to:
- Working on new product development
- Developing food innovator workshops and other food culture initiatives
- Monitoring, researching and reporting on food trends both locally and internationally
- Training and mentoring junior innovation chef interns
- Liaising with Product Developers, Suppliers and Woolworths Buyers
To be successful in securing this role, you will have:
- Tertiary Chef qualifications
- Experience in NPD either at a retailer or supplier
- Substantial culinary experience
- A background in a corporate environment
- Impressive communication skills
- A true passion for product development
- A strong ability to work well within a team environment
We can offer you:
- Attractive remuneration package – including base salary, super and annual bonus
- Added benefits – Including staff discounts, potential flexibility to work from different sites, healthcare, social club and much more (Site dependant)
- Tech options – Woolworths is the largest employer of Google Apps in Australia, are early adopters of Agile, and have Bring Your Own Device options too
- Work variety – The opportunity to work on multiple brands and sizeable projects
- Training and Education – We pride ourselves on helping you realize your potential and give you the opportunity to be innovative
- An exciting career – As our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people