What you’ll do…
Senior Manager II, Merchandising Sourcing – Private Brands, Pets
Fifty years ago, Sam Walton started a single mom-and-pop shop and transformed it into the world’s biggest retailer. Since those founding days, one thing has remained consistent: our commitment to helping our customers save money so they can live better. Today, we’re reinventing the shopping experience and our associates are at the heart of it. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of retail, improving millions of lives around the world. This is that place where your passions meet purpose. Join our family and create a career you’re proud of.
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make to create the future of retail, from responsible sourcing to sustainability – and everything in between.
As a Senior Manager II, your expertise, vision and strategy will allow you to develop complex commodity sourcing strategies for assigned products by collaborating with cross-functional business partners to understand growth items, regions and growing methods. Leveraging your advocacy and negotiation skills with the access and scale of the Walmart system, you’ll make a direct impact on the business and help families all over the world save money and live better. Along the way, you’ll be guided by our deep-rooted culture and have the support and tools you need to do your job, learn, grow and succeed.
What you’ll do…
As a Senior Manager II, Merchandising Sourcing you will serve as a subject matter expert and industry expert in understanding multiple commodities and items. You will develop complex commodity sourcing strategies for assigned products by collaborating with cross-functional business partners (for example,
merchants, planners) to understand growth in items, regions, and growing methods.
You will provide perishability and quality insights to guide merchandise flow and replenishment decisions; Incorporating company growth strategy into planning (for example, upstreaming, growth in direct import (DI), protected agriculture.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You enjoy influencing internal and external business partners to bring product and packaging innovation to market
- You are data-savvy: you can measure and track awarded cost against actual cost through the commitment tracker.
- You are strategy and relationship-focused: You can develop strategic grower and vendor relationships with multiple-year contracts for business continuity by identifying, developing and maintaining grower relationships that meet company financial, ethical and sustainability standards.
- You are tenacious, dedicated and thrive working with ownership, autonomy, and a healthy dose of competition.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Creating complex vendor decision matrices by evaluating new and existing vendors based on performance metrics and long-term potential.
- Negotiating with vendors to obtain the freshest product at the lowest sustainable cost.
- Calculating and understanding the business’s cost impact of the commodity’s initial mark up (IMU)
- Assessing and developing vendor production, distribution and
technological capabilities to ensure adequate supply.
- Identifies and develops new growing regions globally.
- Informing planner and buyer of changes to crop conditions that will affect cost of goods.
- Ensuring business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives.
- Soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Promoting and supporting company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to
others in their use and application
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field and 2 years experience in merchandising, sourcing, planning, finance or related field OR 6 years experience in merchandising, sourcing, planning, finance or related field.
- Sourcing and procurement – raw materials
- Master’s degree in Business, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you’ll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field and 2 years experience in merchandising, sourcing, planning, finance, or related field OR 6 years experience in merchandising, sourcing, planning, finance, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Sourcing and Procurement – Raw Materials
Masters: Business, Masters: Engineering General, Masters: Mathematics
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America