Category: Product Development
We seek a Director, Private Brands, Sports Nutrition, VMS (Vitamins, Minerals, Supplements) who will leverage specific industry experience within the health & wellness space to develop & manage a portfolio of private label products that drives brand loyalty and increases profitability.
- Drive, manage and lead multiple projects and processes, ensuring successful new product launches, on time and within budget
- Set clear goals and deadlines, fostering collaboration and maintaining communication between cross-functional teams
- Bring innovative supplements, active nutrition, sports nutrition, and beauty products to the market.
- Contribute to brand strategy within the portfolio based on trend and customer needs
- Ensure brand strategy is translated into packaging, marketing, and merchandising tactics, working collaboratively with Marketing, Manufacturing, Merchandising, and outside agency partners as necessary
- Recognize white space opportunities within sports nutrition, vitamin, mineral, supplement area, and product assortment gaps.
- Use data analytics to identify business needs, look for customer trends, and drive growth.
- Own, develop, and maximize relationships with co-manufacturers, and ensure delivery of finished goods.
- Lead and manage a collaborative and innovative product development team
- Work with the executive team to drive new product development and manage the existing portfolio of products.
Educate and communicate cross-functional teams within and outside of Private Brands
- Private Brand vision, mission, strategies
- New Launches and innovations
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of intellectual instruction and work experience in brand management in a retail environment.
- Strong sports nutrition, vitamin, mineral, and supplement product knowledge
- Product creation, development, and commercialization
- Proven ability to develop and execute strategic initiatives
- Proven project management experience ensuring new products launch on time
- Must understand and have broad-scope experience interacting with co-manufacturers
- Proven ability to identify whitespace opportunity and new growth platforms
- Financial and analytic acumen with budget responsibility
- Diverse team building and team leadership experience
- Brand building, marketing, and brand management expertise
- Consumer targeting and insight mining
- Manage Private Brand portfolios
- 8+ years of retailer or manufacturer experience in brand management and product development
- 5+ years’ experience in sports nutrition, vitamin, mineral, and supplement industry
- 5+ years working in partnership with co-manufacturers
- Minimum 2-5 years of cross-functional team management experience