MPB Careers: The Home Depot – Senior Manager, Brand Development
The Senior Manager, Brand Development will develop the overall direction and strategy within The Home Depot’s portfolio of Private Label Brands. You’ll help guide Private Brand development and execution from concept through launch including brand governance, packaging development, online experience, in-store creative, and marketing campaigns. Ensuring consistent execution of brand standards through the entire Customer journey. The Senior Manager will collaborate with cross-functional teams including Product Development, Merchandising, Marketing, and Online to create the best Brand experiences for our Customers. This role will manage and develop a team of Brand Managers, ensuring that effective growth strategies are implemented across their Brands.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- People Management – coaching, motivating and career management
- Manage team in the development and implementation of proprietary brand marketing plans
- Manage team in leading seasonal event strategies
- Serve as branding consultant to Merchandising and other internal functions
- Set overall direction for proprietary brands and event strategies
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to Director, Brand Marketing
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 7 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions, there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Excellent presentation, organization and project management skills
- Experience managing projects and working with cross-functional stakeholders
- A collaborative mindset and the ability to work across multiple stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint, and/or project management tools
- Ability to manage deadlines & milestones across multiple simultaneous projects
- A data-driven mindset and ability to leverage analysis to make business recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or a business-related field, and/or master’s degree in business / technical field
- 7+ years of professional experience focused in Brand, product marketing, product management, or related fields
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Decision Quality
- Drives Engagement
- Ensures Accountability
- Plans and Aligns
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Manages Conflict