Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Number: 23272
SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor — supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States — as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, relationships matter, and our Corporate team takes that sentiment to heart in the way we work as one totally aligned team, support and respect each other and share the highest standards of excellence. We’re always looking for the next great idea or a new way to approach a challenge, and we collaborate and innovate to achieve our goals.
A day in the life of a Manager, Product Developer is never the same but, in this role, you would be responsible to identify the Company’s private label product opportunities, negotiate product specifications, and brand/market products. Ensure the proper assortment, pricing, placement, promotion, and purchasing of private label products and maximize the company gross profit through negotiations with vendor partners.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify the Company’s private label product opportunities, negotiate product specifications and brand/market products. Maximize the company’s gross profit through negotiations with vendor partners to expand business opportunities, meet pricing requirements, etc.
- Responsible to manage the P&L for the assigned business area to achieve private label market gains budget.
- Manage the implementation of new product items from development, distribution, promotions; partner with marketing, distribution, and other internal departments as necessary.
- Analyze and interpret financial data and market trends to accurately plan, management, and forecast promotional spending and drive sales of private label products.
- Participate in the strategic planning and development for private label brands; communicate brand strategy and messaging to retailers and consumers utilizing various communication methods (i.e., advertising, location visits, etc.).
- Manage the strategic plan for assigned private label products to include analysis of advertising trends, pricing, promotion, placement and product mix, and other related competitive factors.
- Make recommendations for the strategic plan based on the results of such analysis.
- Responsible to grow private label penetration percentage in both corporate-owned stores and independent retailers.
- Negotiate private label cost of goods, promotional pricing, marketing spend, etc. with external vendors. Communicate related vendor accounting (funding/income) with Accounting accordingly; review and approve folios payments and billings for assigned categories.
Sound Like You? Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required) Marketing Business Administration or related area, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience. MBA preferred
- Five years of Marketing, Category Management, Product Management and/or Product Development experience
- Three year’s experience with purchasing and negotiating programs within suppliers in a retail/wholesale environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external vendors
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. Learn more!
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!