MPB Careers: Schnucks – Own Brands Packaging Design Manager
St Louis, MO
Full-time · Associate
About the job
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Manages overall Packaging Design schedule and projects that are tied to Own Brand launches and cycle resets. Single point of contact for Merchandising/Design process. Works with Own Brand suppliers to ensure proper assets, approvals, and process points are met on time. End-to-end Design and Creative resource.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage workflows and project timelines from start to finish. Manage both internal and agency communication with suppliers. Schedule and manage weekly meetings with agency and internal team. Coordinate, organize, and develop product profiles and product profile reviews. Manage all communications regarding print/pack/ship timelines with suppliers. Point person for every current and upcoming redesign project. Scope upcoming project timelines. Monitor and report on projects to appropriate key stakeholders. Implement and manage changes when necessary to meet project outputs.
- Manage the relationship between Schnucks internal teams and agency including daily management of agency on-site team. Manage communication between CM’s and agency, by relaying any and all necessary information about redesign projects. Primary contact for CM’s, agency, and internal Own Brand team. Manage trafficking of creative assets to proper stakeholders.
- Attend all creative meetings with the agency. Review all project artwork, from concepts to final proofs. Sign-off on artwork when necessary. Provide aligned creative feedback; by working with the agency production team to assure proper changes are made.
- Manage digital storefronts to ensure a consistent customer experience in all channels.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of marketing or agency experience preferred. CPG and/or Own Brand packaging experience preferred.
- Experience managing large-scale projects and the ability to adjust quickly to evolving timelines and deliverables.
- Must have strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize projects, work autonomously, provide leadership, and balance multiple shifting priorities in a fast-paced team environment.
- Minimum Years of Experience: 3 to 5 years preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Clearly articulate concepts to internal clients (merchants), leadership, and marketing
- Meet overlapping deadlines in a fast-paced working environment without substituting quality or accuracy
- Ability to resolve complex communication issues
- Project management, product pipeline development, and management
- Possess the skills to perceive how his/her role will fit into the strategic objectives of Own Brands and communicate well at all times with colleagues.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong project management, leadership, and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy/quality and a critical eye for design aesthetics.
- Ability to build strong, influential relationships with merchandising teams and Support Center leadership and agency partners.
- Relationship and agency management skills.
- Ability to propose and initiate creative solutions.
FORMAL POLICY SETTING
Makes recommendations to management.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- WalkingPrimarily sitting
- StandingPrimarily sitting
- Lifting Up to 25 lbs
- Travel 0-25%
- Work Environment Travel to and between stores, markets, distribution centers as well as to Domestic and International Trade Shows and Supplier Partner facilities are necessary. Standing/walking through stores and manufacturing plants is necessary.
The above statements describe the job’s essential responsibilities and requirements. They are not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be assigned to job incumbents