MPB Careers: NAPA Auto Parts – Director Brand Management
Seeking an experienced Director of Brand Management to lead brand strategy, define a current and clear architecture, execute consumer/customer segmentation strategy, and manage development and execution of marketing campaigns for the NAPA AUTO PARTS brand. Additionally, this role will be responsible for creating a vision to identify and recruit new loyalists with whom to connect to drive growth and consistency for our business. This leader needs experience seeing brand strategy through from brand architecture to channel strategy and agency execution/creative development. Looking for an optimistic and self-motivated individual with a collaborative, can-do attitude who asks “why” vs. “why not,” finds the opportunity, and is grounded in the business need.
Position Performance Measures:
• Brand Awareness Measurement
• Brand Sentiment Measurement
• Future Purchase Intent Measurement
• Market Share IncreaseResponsibilities:
• Develop and continually manage comprehensive brand strategy (vision, mission, values, positioning, architecture, etc.)
• Own the consumer, customer and content strategy and on-going segmentation for the brands
• Collaborate with cross-functional groups (media planning, PR, Digital, Social, etc.) to drive strategic marketing planning and execution
• Work in partnership with research lead to develop briefs, collaborate internally and externally and be able to effectively communicate and apply insights.
• Create vision for overall marketing department analytics, measurement, and stewardship.
• Lead all VIS-ID and brand governance and guidelines for the brand.
• Lead process and tracking metrics for content customization in the fields.
• In partnership with the category management team, develop brand strategy and tiering structure/segmentation for NAPA private label brands.
• Influence the organization to accept and execute marketing best practices grounded in data and insights.
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
• 7+ years of brand management expertise
• 2+ Years brand leadership/supervisory experience
• Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business or related field; MBA preferred
• Experience managing cross-functional partners inclusive of creative agencies, sponsorship partners, research vendors, digital partners, etc.
• Ability to create a strategic vision and motivate multiple teams, agencies and individuals to exceed expectations.
• An innate sense of curiosity to not only see what is around the corner, but to be able to also influence and activate a belief in the idea and create the roadmap to get it done.
• A sense of grit and determination to achieve and drive results while also leading with an empathy that empowers others to grasp, accept, and join the journey.
• An eye for detail and a passion for analytic insight and assessment.
• A comfortable mix of innovative, white space thinking with structured and methodical brand development, management and segmentation.
• Most time will be spent on the computer/phone and office collaborating with multiple teams.
• Travel about 20% of the time.
• Other duties as assigned
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.