MPB Careers: MDI – Director of Private Brands
Job Locations: US-NC-Hickory
Requisition ID: 2020-54701
# of Openings: 1
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
- Responsible for Private Brands at MDI including Broker management, Brand management, Department coordination, DSD, Funding management, pricing, promotion, product assortment, and placement.
- Accountable for budgeted sales and gross profit. Develops programs that position us to win in the marketplace.
Salary: Level 15
- Coordinates with VP’s of Merchandising and Procurement at MDI to determine strategy, roles, and targets by category that roll up to achieve total department sales and profitability.
- Considers how the implementation of the plan at retail affects the total yield of the categories.
- Establishes and achieves proper product variety to exceed customer expectations.
- Reviews and gives final approval on all new items, discontinued items & plan-o-grams.
- Coordinates with Heads of Retail Services at MDI to schedule sets resets, and roll-outs for all private brands.
- Monitors results to minimize out of stocks and markdowns.
- Responsible and accountable for total P&L for Private Brands at MDI to include Food Club, IGA, That’s Smart, Morning Fresh Farms, Simply Done, Topcare, Full Circle, Cravn Flavor, etc.
- Working with the Heads of Retail Services, Pricing Managers, and the Ad groups at MDI, establishes and maintains competitive private label retail pricing strategies including compare and save program.
- Responsible for all Private Brand Vendor funding management.
- Ensures effective training and development of the category managers and assistants, in addition to store personnel.
- Ensures that the department stays current or ahead of consumer demand and remains progressive and state-of-the-art.
- Visits our stores and the competition on a regular basis to keep in touch with the market.
- Includes regular visits to Wal-Mart Supercenters and other non-traditional competition.
- Responsible for management of all Private Label Brokers at retail and headquarters.
- Accountable for total private label sales and market penetration including cross-department coordination of grocery, dairy, frozen, meat, produce, HBC/GM milk, and bread.
- In cooperation with appropriate VPs at MDI, establishes promotional private label calendars for all private label users.
- The incumbent should possess the knowledge and skills generally associated with a Bachelor’s Degree
- 7-10 years of progressively increasing experience in the areas of store management, merchandising, purchasing, and grocery product knowledge.
- Impacts $180 million annual sales at MDI
- Responsible for approximately $18 million annual gross profit.
- Supervises 1 manager and 1 associate manager as well as the Private Brand Broker team.
- Supports 450+ stores.
- Reports to the Vice President of Center Store Procurement, Private Brands & Export
- The incumbent has latitude in selecting products, establishing department standards, and developing specific merchandising programs.
- The incumbent develops specific merchandising programs supportive and consistent with the merchandising program developed by his/her supervisor and respective VPs at MDI.