We’re headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We’re looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role:
You will lead content planning and curation, content organization, sourcing product/category launches, seasonal theming, and ensuring our merchandising marketing department is well-informed of all upcoming marketing pushes. This role will interface closely with our grocery and produce team, the site content manager, merchandisers, and our in-house creative team, The Greenhouse.
- Own the merch marketing funnel from facilitating category manager requests to briefing the other key partners on marketing content pushes
- Own the master site content marketing calendar and assign tasks and sub-tasks to key-stakeholders and contributors
- Curate and plan content for The Whole Carrot – our weekly newsletter, content & recipe site, and quarterly seasonal preview piece
- Source recipes and manage related site content contributors
- Own budgeting for all merch marketing initiatives
- Collaborate with the Merchandising team for seamlessly timed and sized promotions, requiring inventory checks, holds, and timed launches
- Curate and execute content launches on all merch channels including our homepage, in-site shopping experience, account page, and other relevant merch channels – coordinate these launches with the site content manager
- Run monthly important metric reports on marketing performance via Amplitude and other available business metrics/analytics
- Partner with brands to develop potential promotions and/or product features/spotlights
- Work cross-functionally providing brand and lifecycle marketing teams insights and strategy for upcoming merch marketing campaigns
- Define our approach on product promotion through full alignment with merch stakeholders, demonstrating best-in-class examples as a North Star
- Serve as the internal customer advocate, utilizing personas and data systems to ensure positive product representation throughout the customer lifecycle
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience in retail marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or communications or relevant experience
- Experience with digitally marketing CPG – food/grocery a plus!
- Experience in working with CMS and other digital marketing channels/platforms
- Able to read, report, and synthesize data-driven metrics to provide insights to merchandising marketing initiatives
- Experience in developing cross-marketing and seasonal promotions
- Experience in content development
- Experience working with consumer-focused retail metrics – additional experience in Mode, Iterable, and Amplitude a plus
- Experience collaborating with product developers, site managers, and creative teams
- Execution against the promotional calendar, including calendar management, change management, writing marketing briefs, and recapping events
- Extraordinarily organized and live for long-term planning. Able to prioritize multiple projects
- Bring an appetite: You’re a solutions-oriented self-starter with a reputation for accountability, and high attention to detail
- Food Enthusiast: You love food, talking about food, making food… you are the person your friends go to when they need a restaurant, coffee shop, or recipe book recommendation
- Outstanding communicator: You easily get your point across to all audiences and know how to tell a story
- Flexible but also comfortable with ambiguity and building process
- Kind, since we Lead with Heart at Imperfect
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of the Position:
- Full-time, exempt position reporting to the Creative Director of Site Content & Merchandising
- Candidate can be remotely located within the US
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional movement around the office may be necessary; or in a remote, work from home environment
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- When in the office environment, standing desks and/or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.