MPB Careers: Circle K – Private Brand Development Manager
Charlotte, NC 28217
As a member of our team, you’ll be responsible for helping to create a range of differentiated products throughout our market. The Private Brand team is developing, sourcing, and maintaining a portfolio of products across our stores. The Private Brand team is responsible for the development of core business concepts that include Product Specification, Packaging, Artwork, Implementation, Marketing, and Communications. If you enjoy a dynamic environment, performing a variety of different tasks, as well as the opportunity to interface with different people across the world, then this is the place for you!
The Private Brands Product Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the Private Brand strategies and product development and offerings throughout the Circle K family. The Product Development Manager manages the relationships with Suppliers, Manufacturers, Creative, Procurement and Operations as well as stewarding all necessary quality and safety controls and is ultimately responsible for the superior execution of developed programs while seeking/developing new opportunities for growth.
- Manage PB categories and development of our private label business in North America to secure optimal COGS, improved profitability, and differentiation in our markets.
- Manage product development and implementation with manufacturers, distributors, creative teams, Procurement and Operations, and secure product placement of Private Brand products.
- Secure compliance of packaging, design, and legal requirements for products in collaboration with QA / Legal and required regulatory agencies.
- Collaborate with Marketing teams to define communication objectives and strategies for PL marketing implementation and ongoing execution.
- Collaborate with Circle K Business units to secure adoption and implementation of products
- Build a pipeline of innovation initiatives and relevant product lines in order to deliver tomorrow.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparation of the annual business plan.
- Broad experience in vendor selection, management, supply chain, and quality assurance in a retail or CPG environment.
- Demonstrated experience leading businesses or product lines in excess of $100M.
- Skilled using marketing metrics, consumer insights, and data to drive business decisions.
Candidates should possess these essential qualities & other considerations:
- Action-orientation and a results-driven mindset.
- Analytical skills and interest in fact-based decision making.
- Strong understanding of retail store operations and needs is a plus.
- Hands-on ability to collaborate with different functions in the organization.
- Knowledge of creative and marketing impact on consumer perception.
- Experience with working across multiple cultures is an advantage.
- Proven problem-solver with excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelors degree required. Masters degree is a plus.
- Category management and/or product development skills.
- Project Management competencies is a plus
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, and Word, BI and PBI is a plus
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in Merchandising, Operations, or related retail functions.
- 30% Travel is required in North America, with some external travel likely.
- Valid Driver License.
- Relocation/Virtual negotiable.
Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s Human Resources Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.