Sr. Manager, Product Development, Private Label
at CAMP (View all jobs)
About the Company
CAMP is a Family Experience Company that helps answer the question “What should we do today?” through a unique combination of Retail & Media. Launched in December of 2018, CAMP operates five retail locations in New York, Texas and Connecticut and serves families everywhere via its digital platforms.
What is the Role?
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Product Development for our Private Label business. You will drive the extension of CAMP’s physical brand footprint through the development of private label and licensed products. You will report to CAMP’s VP of Operations and work on the CAMP Labs team.
What will you do at CAMP?
- Sourcing: Design and implement Camp’s sourcing strategy and supplier qualification process. Own the sourcing and onboarding of vendor partners across multiple soft goods and hardline categories. Categories include toys, baby, gifts, games, novelty, apparel and more.
- Partnership: Collaborate with our sponsorship, licensing and merchandising teams to forward plan private label and licensed merchandise collections. Provide leadership in product to unlock client and other business opportunities.
- Product Development: Manage the development of soft goods and hardlines in partnership with merchandising, design, packaging, engineering, legal and supply chain operations. Design a development process that enables effective cross-functional collaboration and transparency. You make it happen!
- Compliance: Coordinate compliance testing, partnering with our legal counsel to define testing requirements and facilitating the execution of testing with our partners.
- Quality: Develop and maintain a QC protocol to support new product launches and ongoing production.
- Timeline Management: Own the accuracy and adherence of product development timelines inclusive of sourcing, sampling, compliance, QC validation and PO placement. Lead the communication of timelines cross-functionally.
What will you bring to CAMP?
- Minimum of 6+ years work experience in product development.
- Experience working with both soft goods and hardlines preferred.
- Extremely detail-oriented, diligent and thorough.
- Comfortable managing multiple complex, cross-functional projects.
- Passionate about delivering memorable experiences (and products) to diverse customers online and offline.
- Desire to be part of a tight-knit team looking to transform the traditional retail experience.
- Holding yourself and your employees/team to high standards.
- You are not afraid to jump in where needed – no task is too big or too small for you and you are willing to throw down and help your team before you are asked.
- You are authorized to work lawfully in the United States.
What you’ll love about us:
CAMP’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- We empower diverse voices because it is the best and only way to bring high-quality products and experiences to the diverse families that we aim to serve
- We are dedicated to creating an inclusive workplace culture that welcomes fresh perspectives, change, and open conversations
- We build social equity by providing our team with opportunities for education, growth, and access
- We highlight products, vendors, and a team that represents our customers’ beautiful spectrum of diversity
CAMP’S Commitment to Health & Wellbeing
We offer a variety of options that are designed to fit the needs of you and your family.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage including pharmacy benefits, virtual doctor visits and more
- Parental leave that supports our team members and their families
- Gym Reimbursement
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Mass Transit & Commuter Parking Programs
- Benefits Concierge: a team of dedicated and experienced employee benefits advocates who are ready to help you and your family with questions.
- Employee Assistance Program: offers support around Education, Legal and Financial Planning, Career Development, Lifestyle and Fitness Management, Mental Health and Dependent Care
- 20% off fertility and family planning services
Plus some additional perks!
- Stock Option grants in CAMP
- 20% off all merchandise at CAMP’s retail stores and CAMP.com
- Flexible Paid Time Off to use for vacation, personal days, well-being, or an illness
- 401(k) Plan
- Weekly Training Sessions