Do you have a passion for products and environmental sustainability? Do you possess proven analytical capabilities, communication skills, and product development experience? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy multi-tasking? If yes, we need you in the Private Label business. The Consumables Private Brands team is looking for a Sr. Product Manager to develop and launch sustainable products under our brands. As our private label business grows, so does our responsibility to establish and incorporate best-in-class environmental practices. Amazon Private Label is an exciting space and we are looking for high achievers who want to make an impact.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong understanding of the sustainable consumer good space, experience developing sustainable products, excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to drive consensus across multiple stakeholders. S/he will possess the ability to manage technical (certifications, packaging) and commercial (understanding customer needs and value drivers) challenges. The ability to work independently and deal with an ambiguous environment is a must.
- Understand the sustainable consumer goods space and develop a roadmap for private brands products.
- Develop product ideas that raise the bar on sustainability and help meet our sustainability goals.
- Create business cases for sustainable products balancing financial and environmental considerations and secure leadership support
- Work with cross-functional teams to leverage resources to guide product development
- Identify and work with suppliers to commercialize and launch these products.
- Develop an operating model to scale sustainable product development
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience developing consumer packaged goods
- Experience with sustainability initiatives, particularly related to household, beauty or grocery categories.
- Exceptional written and oral communication abilities.
- Strong analytic skills with experience using qualitative and quantitative to develop product strategies.
- Experience in packaging, materials science, marketing, brand management, brand development, consumer insights or experience working closely with those functional areas