MPB Careers: Amazon – Program Manager – Private Brands
The Private Brand Safety and Compliance (PBPSC) team is responsible for establishing and administering a program that ensures product safety and enables compliance of Amazon’s Private Brand (PB) products. The program is designed to protect our customers, our brands and Amazon with the commitment to only sell PB Products that are safe for customer use and meet or exceed Amazon’s compliance requirements.
We are looking for a smart, energetic, hard-working and creative candidate to join our Worldwide Private Brand Product Safety and Compliance Team as a Program Manager. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in cross-functional program management and execution. You will work directly with the Global Product and Compliance team, Retail, 3rd party Service Providers, Legal, Sourcing and Quality Operations, Technical teams, and external business partners to drive compliance initiatives and efficiencies in our Private Brands program.
The position is responsible for leading and executing projects focused on the delivery of a compliance program for Private Brands. You will gather and implement requirements, develop SOP (Standard Operating Procedures), work with 3rd party service providers and internal stakeholders to facilitate product testing and audits, develop the milestones and program schedule to ensure timely and successful delivery of the projects and gather the necessary metrics to identify trends, initiate and oversee escalations and report results.
Program Managers contribute cross-functional business and technical skills, assess and manage risks, measure and report on progress, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs with the technical constraints. This role is key to enabling compliance with all relevant safety and regulatory requirements for the Private Brands Business.
Key to success in this role are exceptional program management and organizational skills, customer obsession and clear, concise communication skills. The candidate needs to be able to extract insights from data and be able to communicate clearly appropriate triggers and actions. The ability to translate complex issues for consumption by technical and non-technical audiences through exceptional written and verbal communication skills is paramount. The candidate will be required to work independently and as part of a team, be a trusted partner to stakeholders and actively collaborate across multiple business functions to create consensus and deliver results.
- Partner with Compliance Operations teams and Global Product Compliance Teams to oversee audit framework, analyze and identify the root cause and ensure that effective controls are developed and maintained across the organization.
- Build and maintain escalation processes for interactions between Amazon and compliance organizations, business partners, vendors/manufacturers and 3rd party service providers.
- Develop strong relationships with compliance team and internal and external business team stakeholders to lead escalations through to resolution, proactively anticipate customer needs, investigate underlying issues and create short and long-term solutions.
- Make appropriate trade-offs to manage risk, and clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to scope and deliver complex solutions.
- Work within a budget, managing quote, invoice, purchase order tracking and approval.
- Strong commitment towards goals and outcomes to ensure completion within established time-frames.
- Promote a culture of compliance, proactively engaging with retail business teams to understand business objectives and communicate reasonable deliverables.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience in auditing in a manufacturing or retail environment, supply chain management, product compliance, product development, process improvement, project management
- Relentless drive for results, even in ambiguous and fast-paced environments
- Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo and champion best-in-class solutions and problem-solving
- Able to work independently and continually calibrate priorities with minimal supervision
- Ability to execute projects requiring cross-organizational alignment and prioritization
- Demonstrated experience creating sustainable processes with mechanisms used to ensure compliance with process
- Experience leveraging technology to drive process improvements
- Adherence to core values and dynamic corporate culture
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Working knowledge of lean six sigma and process improvement methodologies
- Proven track record of implementing scalable compliance solutions (technology, procedures, processes, etc.) in a regulated environment
- Client Servicing/Account management within Quality Assurance, Regulatory Compliance and/or Product Development testing environments
- Knowledge of safety and compliance laws and regulations in relation to hardlines e.g. furniture, electronics, soft lines e.g. apparel, footwear, or consumable non-ingestible e.g. cosmetics, detergent products, and communicating requirements to non-technical stakeholders.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.