Are you passionate about driving strategic business decisions by solving complex problems utilizing customer data? Do you raise the bar in data analytics, data modeling, and data visualization? Do you enjoy start-up environments? Amazon’s Consumables Private Brand team is seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer to enhance data analytics and drive strategic business decisions for our business.
The Amazon Consumables Private Brand team is creating a global portfolio of premium consumables products and is looking for an analytical and consumer-focused business intelligence engineer to join our team. This role will work directly with multiple internal teams, vendors, and partners across the Consumables business line to solve complex data and analytics problems.
As a BIE, you will design and implement solutions from standard business metrics to emerging ML models. You will use your experience to organize data structures to efficiently drive scalable workflows. Finally, you will build data models, ETL, reports and dashboards to enhance how business teams use data to deepen our understanding and develop key insights about customer purchase, usage, and consumption behavior. You will develop new and innovative analyses to inform product roadmaps as well as sales and marketing decisions and share these insights across the Consumables organization as a whole. You will work closely with senior management in these areas to provide decision support in this rapidly evolving space.
This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities, deep knowledge of business intelligence solutions, and outstanding business acumen. Additionally, the ideal candidate will poses a desire to lean new solutions that will drive the future of big data. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and ability to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Be a thought leader on data mining and analysis. Uncover trends and correlations to develop insights that can materially improve our product and marketing investment decisions
- Own weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting metrics.
- Develop innovative new tools to analyze data, including the use of advanced data models
- Execute analytical projects employing an understanding of analytical methods
- Effectively communicate to senior audiences
- Use statistical analysis to segment customer behavior
- 5+ years of work experience in data engineering, data analysis, applied statistics, data science, or econometrics.
- BA/BS degree in computer science engineering, economics, statistics, mathematics, econometrics, or a similar quantitative field.
- Prior experience in the design and execution of analytical projects, specifically with large data sets.
- Strong knowledge of quantitative analytics and advanced analytical tools. Proficiency with SQL, Oracle, Redshift, OLAP, MS Reporting Services
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Experience partnering with business owners directly to understand requirements and develop to assist in finding patterns and anomalies in customer behavior.
- Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams and develop clear, thoughtful, and comprehensive analyses of marketing programs.
- Master’s degree or higher in computer science engineering, statistics, mathematics, econometrics, or a similar quantitative field
- Experience in Statistical Software such as R, SAS, SPSS, MINITAB, AWS S3, DAX formulas, and other services,
- Proficiency with Python, OBIEE, data warehouse, (or similar tools) strongly preferred.
- Experience with Big Data solutions, RedShift is a plus * Deep knowledge of analytical tools, including Tableau
- Analytical mindset and ability to see the big picture and persuade others to see the same * Detail-oriented with an aptitude for solving unstructured problems
- Web development/automation
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientatio