Location: Salisbury, NC
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Private Brands Brand Management Director/Lead
Browse The Aisles
This role is the key leader to manages and grows the Private Brands family of Brands in the US? for ADUSA. This role is responsible for creating and driving the brand strategy for our private brands. This role will work closely with Category Development leadership to ensure that offerings align with brand priorities. This role will also drive brand advocacy for our PB lines of product across all GLB’s, and provide insight and leadership to the business to ensure they understand the value of a strong private brand offering. Lead efforts to lead competitors in own brand offerings and mobilizing and acting quickly to drive those that align with strategic priorities.
Recipe for Success – What’s “in-store” for the role
- Shares and educates the PB brand positioning with the Brands and their respective teams.
- Defines portfolio of brands including respective brand roles and strategic positioning.
- Leads the creation, development and/or rationalization of brands across the portfolio.
- Responsible for upholding the brand positioning (e.g. Brand Equity Documents) of the entire family of Private Brands.
- Monitors and makes refinement recommendations regarding the portfolio of brands including respective brand roles, goals and strategic positioning.
- Identifies target consumers and prime prospects and tracks the performance of Private Brands against customer and brand targets.
- Responsible for identifying deploying consumer insight and brand research needs with research resources as appropriate.
- Works with the PB Brand & Marketing Managers and Brand Marketing teams across Brands to manage the creation, development and deployment of Private Brand messaging and content, ensuring consistent application of brand communication guidelines.
- Establish and maintain a working environment conducive to positive morale, individual style, quality, creativity, collaboration and teamwork and lead by example.
The Essentials In Your Cart – The required ingredients
- Bachelors Degree Required and Masters Degree strongly preferred
- At least 10 years of experience in retail private brand development and management
- Strong communicator; professional, organized?
- Change management expert; knows best practices and ensures that the right steps are taken to execute positive change across the organization
- Excellent influencing and partnership behaviors; expertise in pushing projects to completion & building strong teams
- Experience managing a large team; keeping multiple priorities and objectives moving forward while ensuring strong team engagement and results
- Strong financial acumen: the ability to dig into the details, but also present a holistic, big picture view to senior leadership and brand partners.
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 8593_external_NC-Salisbury