MPB Career: Public Goods – Product Development Manager
San Francisco, CA
We are actively expanding the scope and scale of products at Public Goods to include more healthy and affordable options in our grocery category!
- Be responsible for end-to-end Grocery category product development. You will work with cross-functional partners for milestone ownership and handoffs to execute new food product and packaging concepts.
- Source reputable vendors in the food category
- Manage vendor relationships and negotiate pricing, payment terms, and timelines.
- Consult market research materials and sales data to ensure that products are competitive and fit within brand guidelines.
Who you are:
- 2-5 years of experience in the food product development and/or sourcing in the food industry
- Have current relationships with food manufacturers and vendors you’ve worked with previously
- Knowledgeable about grocery supply chains, private label, and manufacturing
- Good pulse on the market, able to translate brand strategy, and market trends from ideas to reality
- Hyper organized, detail-oriented, and independent
- Collaborative and comfortable in a hectic team-oriented startup environment
- Strong communicator and negotiator
- Experience working with overseas suppliers a plus
- Experience with sustainable packaging and or ethical labor practices a plus
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package: salary + equity.
- 100% covered Medical/Dental/Vision/telemedicine services for employees
- Public Goods lifetime membership and monthly credits to both Public Goods and a monthly stipend for books of your choice!