Location: Atlanta, GA
Category: Finance/Acct/Treasury/Investor Relations
Job ID: 139698
The Home Depot, America’s home improvement retail leader, helps customers and Associates build success every day – and not just in our 2,200+ retail stores. Thousands of talented can-do people build amazing futures in field and corporate positions with us too. Join our orange-blooded family today.
The Manager of Private Brand Finance provides financial direction and analysis to the Global Brands and Product Development (GBPD) team by driving functional financial metrics, controlling costs, and working closely with GBPD leadership in order to achieve goals and add shareholder value for The Home Depot’s growing Private Brands business. This person will be the key driver of the Financial Planning Process and ensuring execution of GBPD strategy. The manager of Private Brands Finance will have exposure across Merchandising, Supply Chain, Sourcing, Brand Marketing, and P&L Management. This individual will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally across all Private Brands and Global Sourcing disciplines
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide thought leadership support to the business, including those at the VP level and above.
- Execute and guide GBPD’s various strategic initiatives to ensure successful growth, requiring cross-functional partnership across key facets of the organization.
- Conducts financial planning, analysis, and forecasting for the functional area.
- Manage and own G&A and Expense Budgets for GBPD.
- Identify process improvements across team or department to drive out unproductive resources. Responsible for appropriate selection, performance management and professional development of assigned staff.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to the Sr. Manager, Private Brands Finance. Accountable for the management of a functional group and for all personnel issues – including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates.
- Typically reports out to senior leadership on a recurring basis.
- Typically faced with strategic questions that require unstructured and original approaches.
- Typically requires highly developed interpersonal skills for dealing with sensitive or controversial situations as well as dealing with multiple business partners.