New York — Product of the Year USA, a consumer-voted award for product innovation, recognized 41 items as part of its 2021 Product of the Year Awards, including Ferrara Candy Co.’s Keebler Chips Deluxe Original in the cookie category, Aldi’s Simply Nature Bean Chips in the chip sector and also from Aldi Clancy’s White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn in the healthy snack sector.
The products were chosen by 40,000 American shoppers in a national survey conducted by consumer research company Kantar Group, Ltd.
According to their website:
“For all the obvious reasons, shoppers are spending less time in the supermarket than ever, but still crave new and innovative products to light up these difficult times. Because of this, we are more excited than ever to announce the 2021 Product of the Year winners and help shoppers find that ‘great new product’ when it matters most, however, they do their shopping this year,” notes Mike Nolan, global CEO of Product of the Year Management. “What makes Product of the Year so trusted is our unique process, which gives shoppers the confidence that each product with our iconic red logo is backed by 40,000 Americans. That’s a powerful advantage for our 2021 winners, as a Product of the Year Award positions them as the innovative leader in their category.”
The 2021 Product of the Year Award private brand winners are:
- Breakfast: ALDI private brand Aunt Maple’s Protein Pancake Mix
- Yogurt: ALDI private brand Specially Selected Indulgent Greek Yogurt
- Cheese: ALDI private brand Emporium Selection 1,000 Day Gouda & 4 Year Cheddar
- Chips: ALDI private brand Simply Nature Bean Chips
- Coffee: ALDI private brand Friendly Farms Almond Milk Coffee Creamer
- Condiment: ALDI private brand Stonemill Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Functional Beverage: CVS Health private brand Live Better Apple Cider Vinegar with Ginger & Turmeric
- Healthy Snack: ALDI private brand Clancy’s White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn